BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

a person of influence

I wanted to encourage any readers of my blog (okay, both of you) to read this one as well:

www.kathleenfinley.blogspot.com

Kathleen is a high school student that is a great writer, an aspiring actress, and a Jesus follower. I found her most recent blog, titled "Tom Hanks!", very interesting. She writes about how awesome it was to meet him and spend a day with him.

But I can tell you I have met someone way more interesting than Tom Hanks. I know this young lady, let's call her Kat, that is way more influential than Tom. She recently spent time in a foreign country learning about God's heart for children on the margins and the poor. And she came home different.

She writes and blogs about her experiences and life and all kinds of interesting things. She has hopes and dreams that include building the kingdom of God in her lifetime and not just about how much stuff and money she can collect. And then she went to a theatre teacher along with her sister (let's call her Liz) and stated her concern about the inappropriateness of the play the class was to learn and perform. And lo and behold the teacher................changed the play!

That's leadership! That's courage! That's influence!

So you see, I know this girl with way more influence than Tom Hanks. A young lady with the hope of Christ in her heart who not only learned from me on a mission trip, but taught me as well.

Kathleen Finley!

0 comments: